Music Therapy targets non-musical goals through the use of musical interventions by a board-certified music therapist. Therapeutic goals and interventions are tailored to each client’s strengths and needs.
Music Therapy Goals Target
- Physical fine and gross motor skills
- Emotional and behavioral skills
- Cognitive and academic skills
- Communication and social skills
Music Therapy Interventions
- Motivate through music
- Create music- Sing & Play Instruments
- Move to music
- Listen to music
Music Therapy Services are a collaboration between the WVU School of Music and the WVU Center for Excellence in Disabilities (CED).